• Powdered Coconut Oil
• A source of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MTCs)
• High energy (29.4MJ/kg or 3.18MCal/lb)
• PowerStance contains 70% natural coconut oil
• Support coat, mane and tail condition
• May support normal muscle glycogen
• MCTs comprise lauric and capric acids.
• May assist in supporting appetite and digestive function
Why feed oils?
Oil is 2 to 3 times more energy dense than cereal grains - so you can feed less oil to give the same amount of energy. This is especially useful for those horses that won’t eat when in training. Feeding oils may supprt coat, mane and tails.
Most commercial equine feeds contain polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs) including soy, corn and ricebran oils. These polyunsaturated fatty acids may cause an Omega 6 and Omega 3 imbalance. These oils areabsorbed inro and transported slowly through the lymphatics. They are prone to rancidity, and contains a high level of Omega 6 which may cause inflammation.
Coconut oil is a saturated oil which is absorbed directly into the portal blood and provides a ready source of non glucose energy in the liver. Saturated oils may support storage and utilisation of muscle glycogen in horses during exercise.
Digestible Energy: 29.4 MJ/kg | 3.18 MCal/lb
Oil: 70% (coconut oil)
Max crude fibre: <0.5%
Fatty acids: Lauric acid (C:12): 44%
Myristic Acid (C:14): 17.5%
Palmitic (C:16): 8%
Oleic (C:18:1): 6%
PowerStance contains no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.