Bone and Digestive Health Support
Triacton is a research-proven, triple-action supplement designed to improve bone density and support digestive health in horses. Research has shown a correlation between a loss of bone density and shin soreness in horses.
Triacton is a pelleted supplement containing an array of highly bioavailable minerals and vitamins essential for sound skeletal development and maintenance, as well as optimal function of the gastrointestinal tract.
Why use Triacton?
- Triacton includes KER BMC™ (Buffered Mineral Complex), which has three research-proven benefits to horses:
(1) improved gastric health; (2) improved hindgut health; and (3) improved bone density
- Studies conducted at Kentucky Equine Research have demonstrated 3X increase in bone density and 2X increase in bone thickness.
- Research at Kentucky Equine Research has shown that when Triacton is added to feed it increases buffering capacity 2X in acid conditions typically seen in the stomach
- Research-proven to improve hindgut buffering capacity by 54%
- Omeprazole use reduces calcium digestibility. KER BMC has been shown to rapidly release calcium at high stomach pH found with omeprazole use and supplies more available calcium when needs are higher
- Supports the beneficial microbial population of the caecum and colon by minimising hindgut acidosis (HGA)
- Contains other bone-building nutrients; magnesium, boron, silicon, iodine, with organic copper, zinc, and manganese; as well as vitamins A, C, D, and K
- Includes yeast for further hindgut support and improved fibre digestion
When to use Triacton?
- Young, growing horses in training
- Horses prone to shin soreness
- Horses on omeprazole
- Stabled horses or those at risk of bone demineralisation
- Horses grazing high oxalate pastures at risk of big head.